Special keyboard input

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Thu Nov 25 17:32:44 CET 2004

Le mercredi 24 novembre 2004 à 13:31 -0500, Andrew Conkling a écrit :
> I use xmodmap to set my multimedia keys and Xfce's WM prefs to bind to
> commands. You could do that and point them to your scripts.  It doesn't
> even sound like you have multimedia keys to worry about; have you looked
> at the WM prefs?

I tried but I'm not sure I correctly understood how to do it:
In /etc/X11/Xmodmap I added:
	keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute
	keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
	keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume

And in /usr/share/themes/Default/xfwm4/keythemerc I added:
	shortcut_4_key=XF86AudioMute
	shortcut_4_exec=vol_toggle
	shortcut_5_key=XF86AudioLowerVolume
	shortcut_5_exec=vol_down
	shortcut_6_key=XF86AudioRaiseVolume
	shortcut_6_exec=vol_up

(vol_toggle, vol_down and vol_up are in my path and are working)

How can I see if the command are passed ok between X and xfwm?
Thanks for your help!

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>