root-tail 1.2 on xfce 4.2 rc1: My solution

Gerd Bavendiek gerhard.bavendiek at fujitsu-siemens.com
Thu Nov 25 10:34:04 CET 2004

Hi,

yes I know this has been discussed some months ago.

This is the only way I finally could get root-tail work again on xfce 4.2
rc1:

lulu:/home/bav> cat ~/Desktop/Autostart/wrap_root_tail
#/bin/sh
sudo root-tail -id  0x1200003  -geometry +240+230 --frame /var/log/messages,white /home/bav/.xsession-errors,yellow >> ~/.xsession-errors 2>&1 &

root-tail is version 1.2 coming with SuSE 9.2.

I had no luck starting it from my .xsession. I couldn't omit the id
option. I have to use that geometry (using my former values I always
get something like: the display isn't tall enough to display a single
line).

--
Kind regards

Gerd