Logout command for XFCE4

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:03:00 CET 2004

On 11/24/04 02:25, Michael Bazdell wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 12:34 +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> > I suggest that you do not get used to using killall since it literally
> > does that under Solaris. Try pkill instead.
> >
> > -- b
>

> Well I decided to go with the upgrade to 4.2 instead. I really do enjoy
> this new version. However there are a few things, like, xsnow still
> doesn't work with the desktop.. heh.. and a window list plugin doesn't
> work anymore. But hey, for the most part it's great.

xsnow, xpenguins, xplanet, etc. are probably never going to work with
xfdesktop again.  that support is removed and won't be put back in
unless someone can come up with a non-crappy-hack way of doing it.
sorry =/

personally, i think the authors of these apps should realise that a lot of
desktops use a virtual root window these days, and they should add a
cmdline parameter to the app to give it a window ID to draw on...

	-brian