starting programs as I login

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Wed Nov 24 06:55:16 CET 2004

aec wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I looked through the archives of this list ( I am new to the list)
> and found the ~/Desktop/Autostart option, so I have made a little
> bash script which launches my apps for me :)
>
> So please ignore my previous questions :-\
>
> I am now wondering however is it possible to tell firefox to launch in
> workspace 5 and urxvt to launch in workspace 1 from the Autostart
> script?

One correction on your previous mail: the problem lies with the apps
that you mention because they apparently do not conform to the session
management standard. Xfce 4.2 session management is not xfce specific.

I suggest you make bug reports to the appropriate projects.

With regard to your script, I'd suggest that you use 'kstart' to start
apps on specific workspaces.

hth,

-- b