Xfce 4.2 - How to set panel layer?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 22 20:36:31 CET 2004

On 11/22/04 20:26, Xan wrote:
> Dilluns 22 Novembre 2004 19:39, en/na Olivier Fourdan (<Olivier Fourdan
> <fourdan at xfce.org>>) va escriure:
> >>Re: Xfce 4.2 - How to set panel layer?
> >
> > On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 16:10 +0100, Xan wrote:
> > > Is it planned to it will turn in the next release?
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > Nope! gone, for good. That was messy, it won't be missed :)
>
> Mmmm.... I want that you reconsider it: I wonder if I could have taskbar
> bottom and panel up to taskbar. As in gnome I can do. See
> http://img117.exs.cx/img117/2500/Captura-10.png

frankly, we're not all that interested in what gnome can do and how xfce
compares.  if you want to use gnome, use gnome.  btw, i get "connection
timed out" on that server where you posted the screenshot.

> I understand that it could be complex to code, but please, don't leave me the
> possibility to have this in long long time....

the decision has been made.  see the other posts on xfce and xfce4-dev that
reference this.  begging and whining isn't going to get you what you want.

	-brian