Xfce 4.2 - How to set panel layer?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Nov 22 20:40:37 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 14:32 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> He does have a point.  In trying to recreate what he did in Gnome, I end
> up with the taskbar being unusably hidden behind the panel.  What
> happens when a user has both set to bottom?

That is totally different things. Now I think what's the cause of your
trouble. The panel align itself according to the screen edges, not
struts.

That did not show until now because the panel was a simple window, and
then the WM was treating it like a regular window and therefore was
preventing the panel from positionning itself off bounds (or off
"struts" to be precise).

But since now it's a dock, it's up to the panel to align itself to other
struts.

BTW the panel being a dock fixes an issue with metacity and struts...

Cheers,
Olivier.