Putting apps onto System Tray

Seo Boon, NG sbng at employees.org
Fri Nov 19 07:39:11 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm a new xfce4 user. I converted from icewm. I would like to find out how to
go about putting an apps on the system tray. I run a perl script from the
terminal via a command such as "(xterm|aterm|rxvt) -e perl.script". I would very
much like to put this instance of perl script under the system tray.
Is there an option available for me to do that? Basically I need to have
(xterm|aterm|rxvt) added into system tray. I'm looking for the similar feature
in icewm where I specify the following entries in ~/.icewm/winoptions to get
rxvt and Gaim onto the system tray.

.icewm/winoptions:rxvt.tray: Exclusive
.icewm/winoptions:gaim.tray: Exclusive

http://computing.ee.ethz.ch/sepp/icewm-1.2.6-mo/icewm-12.html

Does such a feature exist in xfce4? Or would I need to modify rxvt to achieve my
objective?

Thanks in advance.

--
SB