OO 1.1.3 won't load under xfce-4.2 beta

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Nov 3 20:18:55 CET 2004

Paul Bucalo wrote:

> On Wed Nov  3 11:41 , Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> sent:
>

>>Paul Bucalo wrote:
>>
>>>Any ideas, Benedikt?
>>
>>Try starting OO like this (from a terminal):
>>
>>env SESSION_MANAGER= soffice
>

> I typed in 'export env SESSION_MANAGER= soffice' at the term prompt and
> <ENTER>....then 'soffice' at the next prompt...it worked! Your brilliant,
> Benedikt! :0)

The actual command is really 'env SESSION_MANAGER= soffice', no need for
export or anything like that.

> Mostly, I use GDM to login in under the GUI, however I do sometimes change to
> 'init 3' when I don't want that. Where do you suggest I put the export command in
> 'startupxfce4' to make this permanent?

Don't put it anywhere, it was just to confirm my apprehension. Its a
problem with xfce4-session. Your computer seems to be very slow, and OOo
doesn't respond to xfce4-session in time, therefore xfce4-session shuts
down the communication to OOo and OOo ICE error handler terminates OOo
(which I actually consider a bug in OOo afterall). I'll investigate on
this to have it fixed with RC1.

> Paul

Thanks for your help,
Benedikt