4.2 Beta 2

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Nov 2 11:18:00 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 02:09:25AM -0800, Rick King wrote:
> Progress is good.  I looked at the website and am updating things to
> accomodate the new version.  Before I go installing things with something
> other than urpmi...does the installer see the previous install and update
> it or should i just remove the old xfce before continuing?  Knowing my
> luck, I want to reduce the possiblity of things getting FUBAR before I
> end up with scrambled egg foo yuck on my face....

Uninstalling the previous version is definitely the safest choice. If you plan
to use the graphical installer or otherwise build from source you don't want
the old installation to interfere. While paralel installation into different
prefix have been successfully performed it is non-trivial and I would not
recommend it.

	Jasper