OpenOffice.org

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri May 28 22:44:57 CEST 2004

Andy Choens wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> Has anyone noticed OOo not responding to XFCE's GTK2 color theme?  I
> didn't change anything, but OOo no longer responds to XFCE's color theme
> at all, it defaults to it's dark grey.  It responds to GNOME and KDE, so
> it has something to do with KDE, but I don't know if the problem is on
> the OOo or XFCE side.

OOo uses an incredibly ugly hack to check for gnome. Now, luckily some
people came up with an even uglier hack to trick OOo into thinking gnome
is running.

in your ~/.xfce4/xinitrc (or .xinitrc if you use startx instead of
startxfce4) put this line:

xprop -root -format GNOME_SM_PROXY 8i -set GNOME_SM_PROXY 1

It works for me ;)

	Jasper