xfce4 workspace labels

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri May 28 22:38:55 CEST 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> In xfce3, workspace labels appeared on the desktop switcher; in xfce4,
> they don't.  And the workspace labels are not known to applications, so
> that when I select "Send to ..." from the window menu, it lists "Workspace
> 1", etc.  Are these bugs or features?

actually, the window menu is controlled by the WM, and has nothing to do
with the application.  at any rate, the "send to..." menu has workspace
name labels in the xfwm4 CVS HEAD version.

as for the desktop switcher, the names are shown for me - perhaps that's
a CVS-only feature as well; i don't use the desktop switcher, so i don't
know if it's in stable or not.

	-brian