Problem with FC1-Xfce4-RPM-Packages

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri May 28 00:09:41 CEST 2004

Hey exs,

exs wrote:
> Am Do, den 27.05.2004 schrieb Auke Kok um 21:48:
>
>>exs wrote:
>>
>>>yes i know that you dont make money with xfce4.
>>>and ALL FC2 user have the same problem like me.
>>
>>no way, I just installed FC2 monday and xfce4 installed without a problem
>>

> strange, i hope really you saw my screenshot with the "designfailure".
> meaningless, iam not interessded anymore to install a right xfce4, iam
> lucky with my icewm. do what ever you want to do, i deliver the maillist
> directly.

The thing you describe as a 'design failure' is the default gtk theme.
If you see that with every theme you select from the user interface
dialog there are two possible problems, none of which have anything to
do with xfce:

1) you have an ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file that overrides the settings from the
xfce settings manager.

2) the theme engine that is required by the theme are either not
installed or not installed correctly.

We know xfce works with all versions of gtk, so it is really not an xfce
problem. Trust us, it is not. It may be a problem with the rpm packages,
or with your system, I don't know.

If you have decided to use icewm, that's alright, it's very good (or so
I've heard ;-). I don't think the problems with your gtk themes are a
very good reason to switch though.

cheers,

	Jasper