Problem with FC1-Xfce4-RPM-Packages

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser at pmbenterprises.com
Thu May 27 15:06:38 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 11:30, Andy Choens wrote:
> If you try to install the FC1 XFCE packages on a FC2 box, it will
> probably cause you lots of grief.  I never saw any packages for FC1
> beyond 4.0.3, which has issues with GTK 2.4.
>
> If you have FC2 and want to use XFCE (which of course you do) use the
> rpms on the 4th FC2 CD.  They work great!  They are XFCE 4.0.5, which I
> believe is still the newest stable release.

I just followed your recommendation, but it may be worth noting that the
files provided are scattered among the last three CD's, not just on the
4th one. And as hard as I have looked, I can't find on any of the CD's
the 'xfce4-*' modules. Assuming that I didn't want to compile my own
from source, what other builds are safe to use on FC2? RH9 or FC1?

Paul