upgrade screw up

Terence Golightly t.golightly at verizon.net
Sun May 23 20:50:51 CEST 2004

Chris and Brian

Thanks for your replies. Below is the rest:

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 20:00, Christopher wrote:
<Snippity Snip>

> > # Names of this library.
> > library_names='libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.0 libdbh-1.0.so.1 libdbh.so'
> >
> [snip]
>
> So it looks like libdbh-1.0.so.1 and libdbh.so should both be symlinks
> to libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.0 and libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.1 shouldn't be there at all
> (I guess that's left over from your previous cvs version - but since its
> not listed in the .la file its probably not causing any problems - I'd
> remove it just the same.)  Make sure this is consistent with what rpm
> says the libdbh package contains.

<snip>

> However, its probably easier to just back up the files as they are now
> and then delete the extra one and turn the other two into symlinks to
> libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.0.  Maybe that's the way to go - its safe too since
> you'll back up first.

This worked.  After checking the installed rpm file listing,

[root at tbox root]# rpm -q -l dbh
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/AUTHORS
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/COPYING
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/ChangeLog
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/INSTALL
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/NEWS
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/README
/usr/doc/dbh-1.0.15/TODO
/usr/local/include/dbh.h
/usr/local/include/dbh_config.h
/usr/local/include/dbh_functions.h
/usr/local/lib/libdbh-1.0.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libdbh.a
/usr/local/lib/libdbh.la
/usr/local/lib/libdbh.so
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/dbh-1.0.pc

I followed your advise backup, delete, soft link, run ldconfig,
restarted X and wahla. One little bugaboo fixed.

Thanks again,

Terry,

Terry Golightly ... t.golightly at nospamverizon.net ... Pittsburgh, Pa
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586 kernel
2.6.3-9mdk-i686-up-4GB
14:40:02 up 43 min, 1 user, load average: 0.95, 0.48, 0.44

Q: How many Microsoft tech writers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Twelve. One to work the bulb, and eleven to write a 1,123 page guide
to changing lightbulbs ("Learn Lightbulb Management in 21 Days").