Open Office seg fault problem

Andy Choens dru at worldskip.com
Sun May 23 15:28:06 CEST 2004

I doubt it has anything to do with XFCE.  I might try erasing everything
from /usr/local/openoffice1.1.1.org and then make sure your personal
directory doesn't have any configuration files.  It usually hides it in
something like ~/.OpenOffice.org.1.1.1  Just in case that is horsed up,
delete it.

You could also try downloading the openoffice.org rpm file for Fedora.
It's 1.1.1 and it has a pretty simple dependency list.  It needs gtk2,
and of course a fairly new version of redhat-menu.  I don't know what
version comes with 9.  This might cause problems, but it is a thought.

--andy

If all else fails, abiword and gnumeric are pretty nice.  :-)

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 21:11, Anthony Ewell wrote:
> Anthony Ewell wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     I am trying to get Open Office 1.1.1 installed on a
> > Red Hat 9 server running XFce 4.0.3.
> >
> >     First, an editorial comment:  :-)
>

> That was not suppose to be a smile!  :-[  My day is just going
> from bad to ...  :-(
> --Tony
>

> >     Okay, now that that is out of the way.  As root, if I
> > run "./setup" from inside the temp directory I de-tarred
> > the tar ball to, I get a graphic with an open box
> > on it and an install progress bar runs all the way
> > from left to right.  Then nothing -- it vanishes.
> >
> >     If I run "./install" from the same directory,
> > a bunch of stuff gets copied to /usr/local/openoffice1.1.1.org.
> > When I go to that directory and try to run any of the
> > programs (spadmin, soffice, setup) I get "segmentation fault"
> > and my very own, not so little, core dump (I feel so blessed!).
> >
> >     Does anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong?  I
> > am not about to put gnome on a server!
> >
> >     Oh, and I had the same problem with 00 1.1.0.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > --Tony

Om Mani Padme Hume
        --Traditional Tibetan Blessing