CVS's xfdesktop & gtk-2.4.1

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Tue May 11 23:20:09 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> please kill xfce-mcs-mananger (while X/xfce is running) and restart it
> from a terminal.  see if there is any output related to
> 'backdrop_settings.so'.  the only reason xfdesktop would close right
> after running it is if it's already running.  please check your process
> list.
>
>    -brian

I also have a problem with backdrops.  Running xfce-mcs-manager from
the command line gives the following warning:

** (xfce-mcs-manager:9931): WARNING **:
Module /opt/xfce4/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/backdrop_settings.so cannot be
opened (/opt/xfce4/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/backdrop_settings.so: undefined
symbol: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size)

I am using gtk2 2.2.4.  Is 2.4.x now required, or would it be possible to
fix this issue so it works with 2.2.x (assuming that is the problem)?

Thanks,
-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA