feature/configuration question

Wolf Lichtenberger wowowolf at web.de
Tue May 11 22:04:52 CEST 2004

Hi,

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
 > On Tue, 11 May 2004, Wolf Lichtenberger wrote:
 >>
 >>Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

 >>[...]
 >> >>

 >>>i dunno - this might be a bit of a heavy feature to justify including,
 >>>but, if not, it would be nice.
 >>
 >>IMHO we have this already, if Window Cycling would re-use xfdesktops Window List.
 >
 > not really - it's the ordering that matters.  the bulk of it is GUI
 > code, anyway, and a menu doesn't really translate into a window...

Well, what i meant is that the Windowlist code is already there and does most of
  the wanted feature: after middle click on background you can navigate it with
the cursor up and down as well as changing to a window with Return.

So what's missing is code to let xfdesktop display this on Alt-Tab (via xfwm4's
shortcuts and a command?) and perhaps additionally navigating it with
Alt-(Shift-)Tab.

IMHO the most code (the navigable popup menu) is already done, which could make
the rest much more feasible.

What do you think?
--
Tschö mit ö,