CVS's xfdesktop & gtk-2.4.1

Robert Kruus bob at kruus.forestry.utoronto.ca
Sun May 9 21:29:15 CEST 2004

I'm having the same problem (filed a bugreport as well).
Running xfce-setting-show backdrop gives

Multi-Channel Manager Error:
No such plugin "backdrop"

There is no backdrop_settings.so created for some reason, but renaming the
backdrop_settings file with the .so extension solves the problem (in
/usr/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins directory).

Rob