gdesklets

Scott Jones scott at exti.net
Wed May 5 17:51:56 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 09:53, Darrell Cormier wrote:

> >I've got it running (crawling, really) here - SuSE 8.2, XFce 4.0.5.
> > I have the same version of python-gtk as you, and the following of
> > gdesklets:
> >
> >gDesklets-0.26-0.pm.2
> >gDesklets-base-0.26.1-0.pm.0
>
> Yep, I have the same packages.  Did you have to do some form of
> tweaking to get this crawling along?

Not at all.  All I did was as Christian suggested; I started it once
with gdesklets &, then again with the path to a .display file (e.g.,
"gdesklets /opt/gnome2/share/gdesklets/Displays/SysInfo/sysinfo.display")

To be fair, I think the responsiveness of the thing would probably be
better on a beefier machine.  The one I'm using here at work is a bit
slow for heavy eyecandy like gDesklets or karamba.

--
Homepage			http://scott.exti.net
XFce desktop environment	http://www.xfce.org