can't stop xftaskbar from loading

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser at pmbenterprises.com
Sun May 2 21:23:36 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 11:02, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Paul M. Bucalo wrote:
> > Anyone know why 'xfce4-session' would default to loading all the
> > installed XFce modules regardless of what the local or global 'xinitrc'
> > tell it to do?
>
> I guess xfce4-session simply restored your previous session, as thats what a
> session manager is supposed to do.

I was so caught up in understanding the 'why' and 'how' that I neglected
to see a simple fix. Thanks for reminding me of this.

I put 'xfce4-session' back into my $PATH, logged out to GDM and back
into XFce4. Then I killed 'xftaskbar' and saved the session upon exiting
XFce4 once more. No more problem! Still is weird that it defaulted to
:0)

Thanks again, Benedikt.

Paul