Backdrop list

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun May 2 09:51:24 CEST 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>While you're at it, could you implement some way of removing the current
>background? from the list, or at the very least, some way of
>ascertaining the name of the current background?  I made a list of 300+
>pictures, all with similar names, and I'd like to systematically take
>out those that are less suitable for background usage.

another good idea - you're just full of them this weekend, mmm? ^_^
let's see...  i suppose probably the easiest way that doesn't introduce
new UI elements is to preselect the current backdrop when you click the
'edit list' button.  i like that because it's simple, but i don't like
it because it's non-obvious: for a new user, it may not be readily
apparent that a particular item is selected by default.  or, conversely,
they may look for this particular feature, and not notice that it's
actually there.

but, it's simple and elegant, so i'm going to go ahead and implement
it.  if anyone can think of something more clever, feel free to speak up.

    -brian