icons on desktop with xfce

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Sun May 2 05:17:50 CEST 2004

I just wanted to chime in and say I whole heartedly agree with pretty
much everything these 2 gentlemen stated. I used the Desktop toolbar on
WinXP (as well as a couple other custom ones) and really never used the
desktop anyways. I think I would make use of them in XFCE as well. (It
might even tempt me away from Rat Poison, which has been my main window
manager recently, sometimes with an xfce4-panel at the bottom)

(For the record, many Windows users are still chained to the desktop but
MS has even realized it's no good. That's why XP ships with only the
Recycle Bin on the desktop.)

Sam