ArchLinux + XFCE

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 30 20:24:03 CEST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:

> 040330 Shahar Weiss wrote:
> > nestu wrote:
> >> Don't you think the distro thread is highly offtopic?
> >> This is a a xfce list!
> >> You have other places to talk about the different distros.
> >> Please do so there ;)
> > I guess we were just caught with the heat of the moment, sorry about that ;)
>
> hey, don't apologise!  there's nothing wrong w a bit of watercooler chitchat,
> as long as it's friendly, of general interest & doesn't go on too long.

well, this isn't a watercooler, nor is it a general interest list.  as
nestu pointed out, it _has_ gone on for too long, and seems to have
degenerated into a "i've used xfce with distro XYZ and it is good"
discussion, which, while appreciated, isn't all that useful.

> having installed Gentoo -- not that difficult -- , i've no plans to change,
> but it's been interesting to hear re the strengths of Arch.
> anyway, we all need to know if XFCE goes well w particular distros.

xfce is distro-neutral, and, when compared to gnome or KDE, is
trivially easy to install and/or package.  if a particular distro "isn't
good" for xfce, then they have a severely braindead packaging system.

please consider this thread closed.  if you'd like to discuss this issue
with me further or complain about what i've written, please do so
off-list.

	-brian