Workspace problem

James munch1e02 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 21:03:35 CET 2004

--- Stephen Kuhn <skuhn at telpacific.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 04:55, James wrote:
> > --- Rakotomandimby Mihamina
> <rktmb.list at wanadoo.fr>
> > wrote:

> go
> > > into
> click to
> > > happens.
> > >
> > > how does it behave when you try to have less
> > > Workspaces ?
> > > try 2 or 1 ...
> > >
> > I have 4 and only four. I can not decrease them or
> > increase them. I am stuck with four.
>
> What about directly editing the
> ~/.xfce4/settings/workspaces.xml file
> and increasing the amount of spaces that way? (It's
> worth a shot);
> restart XFCE after that, ay?

Here is the contents of my workspaces.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE mcs-option SYSTEM "mcs-option.dtd">
<mcs-option>
<option name="Xfwm/WorkspaceCount" type="int"
value="5"/>
<option name="names" type="string"
value="1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12;13;
14;15;16;17;18;19;20;21;22"/>
</mcs-option>

and after restarting, via startx which my
.Xclients-default says startxfce4. I am somehow
getting some sort of system default setting that wont
change? I see the value=5 above but still only four.
Shouldnt the workspaces increase instantly when
changing the value thru the settings tool?

James