xfce4 with a non-root account

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Mar 21 12:13:23 CET 2004

Dragos,

I've seen this once or twice, for some reason, the rpm install fails to
set the files accessible for all users.

Make sure that any user can read /usr/share/xfce4 and /usr/share/xfwm4

chmod -R a+r /usr/share/xfwm4
chmod -R a+r /usr/share/xfce4

(assuming that the files are installed in /usr/share on your system)

Cheers,
Olivier.

 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -