gtk2 menu shadow patch

bob.snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sun Mar 21 06:47:37 CET 2004

Brian,

I have downloaded, built, and installed xfce 4.0.4. This appears to have
fixed the problems I was having with xfce running with gtk 2.4. Thanks!

I wonder if you or anyone might offer some insight into the problems I'm
having with some other gtk 2 apps. Sorry this is off topic.

I have built and installed gtk 2.4 from source along with the latest
atk, glib, and pango

The mozilla derivatives Firefox and Thunderbird that are built for gtk 2
are crashing. These were installed as binary packages from mozilla.org.
The error looks like this:

$ firefox

(firefox-bin:2473): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for
type `PangoXftFontMap' is smaller than the parent type's `PangoFontMap'
class size

(firefox-bin:2473): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 819
(g_object_new): assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

Also gqview gives this, the final error caused it to crash when
switching to full screen:

$ gqview
Fontconfig warning: line 247: invalid edit binding "same"
Fontconfig warning: line 259: invalid edit binding "same"
gqview: relocation error: gqview: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive

Thanks for any help,

Bob S.