gtk2 menu shadow patch

bob.snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sat Mar 20 23:22:48 CET 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>gtk2 menu shadow patch updated
>==============================
>
>A new version of the patch to allow a nice drop shadow effect to
>GTK+-2.4.x has been released.
>
>               http://www.xfce.org/gtkmenu-shadow/
>
>Cheers,

This isn't really an xfce problem, but I've gone and tried the above. I
had gtk version 2.2 so I upgraded:

   atk to 1.6.0
   glib to 2.4.0
   pango to 1.4.0
   gtk+ to 2.4.0

Everything is built from source including xfce4.

Now some things work (the menu shadow is nice) but some things don't.
Most of xfce works okay, but xfdesktop segfaults with this:

(xfdesktop:14522): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "xfce",

(xfdesktop:14522): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "xfce",

(xfdesktop:14522): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "xfce",
Segmentation fault

Thunderbird gives this when starting:

(thunderbird-bin:14295): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size
for type `PangoXftFontMap' is smaller than the parent type's
`PangoFontMap' class size

(thunderbird-bin:14295): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line
819 (g_object_new): assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

Firefox crashes with the same message except for the program name.

Thanks,

Bob S.