Panel problem in 4.0.4

Vallo Kallaste kalts at estpak.ee
Tue Mar 16 11:54:08 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:35:29AM +0100, Jasper Huijsmans
<jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> > I would like to add that sometimes panel (mine's vertical) will not
> > hide until clicked on, seems to be focus problem or somesuch.
> > Perhaps related to particular application, don't know yet for sure.
> > KDE, which I used before, didn't have this problem. I'm not
> > promoting KDE, it has own (bigger) problems.
>
> This can happen if you use one of the right-click menus on the panel.
> Because the menu takes focus, the panel doesn't 'see' the mouse leaving
> and that's why it doesn't hide. Moving the mouse over the panel should
> be enough to make it hide again.

Yes, it's consistent behaviour. The idea about application causing
it came probably because it happened at the time I tweaked panel and
added Acroread launcher. Thanks for explaining.
You kindly answered my question, mind you another one?
The first question I had in this list was about panel menu(s)
behaviour. It takes several mouse clicks (press/release) events to
launch an item from a menu. I'm interested doing it with less
clicks:
1) point to menu handle
2) click to menu handle to open menu and hold the button
3) point to menu item to be launched
4) release button, the item will be launched and menu closed

Is it configuration thing or can it be done some other way?

Thanks
--
Vallo Kallaste