xffm

Andy Choens dru at worldskip.com
Fri Mar 12 22:50:02 CET 2004

That's really interesting.  I just can't figure out why xffm can have
two panels with in one frame.  I don't understand why that functionality
is there.  I was hoping I was missing a compilation feature or something
and that I could get the two halves to act independently of one another.

--andy

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 16:44, purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:
> 040312 Andy Choens wrote:
> > Xffm has two panels.  But I can't use them as separate entities.
> > They seem linked to one another.
> > Is it possible to have the two panels act independently of one another?
> > like midnight commander, et. al.
>
> you can't do it w/i  1  instance of Xffm, unlike the other file mgrs,
> but you can open a 2nd instance & copy/paste/etc between them.
> use the icon at the L side of the bar & arrange them vertically parallel
> or simply start the 2nd instance from a term'l prompt.

Om Mani Padme Hume
        --Traditional Tibetan Blessing