Desktop/Autostart problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 12 20:51:14 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Yrjö Hatakka wrote:

> Viestissä Friday 12 March 2004 21:14, Brian J. Tarricone kirjoitti:
> > this isn't a 'problem', it's normal behavior.  session-aware apps should
> > restart automatically when you restart xfce (assuming you save your
> > session on exit).  ~/Desktop/Autostart is a 'workaround' for when you
> > aren't using the session manager.
>
> "Slapping forehead" of cource!
>
> I should do my setups at $HOME/.xfce4/xinitrc
> I feel silly
>
> Thanks Brian

^_^ yup, no problem.  the one annoying scenario that doesn't get
addressed by session manangers in general - when you have an app you
want started at each session start, but you close it later on  and it
isn't running when the session is saved.  i suppose in that case it
doesn't matter if the app is session-managed or not, so you can just put
it in your startup script before the session manager starts.  i'd also
like to see a dialog in xfce4-session to manually add startup items for
apps that aren't session aware...

	-brian