root-tail doesn't work

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 12 18:52:00 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Michal M. Lechanski wrote:

> Hi,  I've just upgraded to xfce -4.0.4 and I've got some questions:
> - root-tail no longer works on a desktop. I wonder if that's a feature
> or a bug? I really liked it in the 4.0.3.
> - commands "xfdesktop -menu" and "xfdesktop -windowlist" do not work for
> me anymore. Is that was intended?

none of that stuff was touched between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4, so i can't
fathom why you're having a problem.  i'll try to take a look at it this
evening when i get home just in case.

> Also I cannot  find a setting for a taskbar width (Benedikt post a patch
> to xfce4-dev on 28 of Feb.). Was that included into the 4.0.4 release?

IIRC, that was committed to CVS head only (the dev branch that will
become 4.2).

> To be honest I cannot see any "user improovments",  almost everything
> looks like 4.0.3.

correct.  4.0.4 is a 'maintenance release' - mainly just bugfixes.
4.2.0 will contain the new features (hopefully we'll do a development
preview release sometime...  /me looks at olivier).

	-brian