locking the panel to users

Alvise alvise.rabitti at querinistampalia.org
Wed Mar 10 12:58:37 CET 2004

Mark Houlder wrote:
> couldn't you just not run the panel?
>

> mark

I tried but there are 2 problems:

1) (lesser) I'd like to have some minimal panel in sight, I guess users
would feel more comfortable.

2) (bigger) Commenting out the part that launches xfce4-panel in
/etc/xfce4/xinitrc results in an mess: when i start xfce4 the X server
alerts me that the session has lasted less than 10 seconds and that it
maybe due to configuration problems or disk space (of course disk space
is not the problem, it has more than 5Gb free...)

Anyway, I installed the 4.0.4 release and I am still searching for infos
on the net, but my problems haven't changed...

Thank you for your time!

Alvise