xfterm4

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:34:19 CET 2004

Uwe Dippel wrote:

> Can someone please update me on xfterm4 ?
> Since the last update it comes white on black; before I had it black
> on white.
> I already read some documentation, man xfterm4, but to no avail ...
> ... except that it starts xterm.
> Reading man xterm, the default values are black on white.
> So is this a flaw of xterm ??

as another has stated, xfterm4 is just a shell script that defaults to
xterm.  it will actually run arbitrary commands, just set the TERMCMD
variable in e.g. your ~/.bash_profile.

so if i used xterm (i actually use eterm), i might like something like this:
export TERMCMD="xterm -rv -fa Monospace -fs 12 -ls -rightbar"

    -brian