XFce not saving sessions

Lasse Bigum Zenith at cs.auc.dk
Mon Mar 8 09:15:42 CET 2004

> 040305 synaptical wrote:
> > how do i enable the lilstar iconbox?
>
> in  ~/.xfce4/xinitrc , i have :
>
>   #xftaskbar4&
>   xfce4-iconbox&
>   xfdesktop&
>
> you can uncomment the taskbar too, if you want.

I'm having problems with XFce not saving my session, and I have already
tried getting help on #xfce, but with no success. I was hoping that
getting the new packages from the Debian repository last night had
helped, but no. My current version is 4.0.3

I do not have a .xfce4/xinitrc, can that have something to say? I do
have a .xsession where the following is in:

/usr/bin/xfce-mcs-manager
/usr/bin/xfwm4 --daemon
/usr/bin/xftaskbar4 &
/usr/bin/xfdesktop &
exec /usr/bin/xfce4-panel

My .xinit file only has the following:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"
BINARY=$(which imwheel)
$BINARY -k -p -b "67"

#startkde

I've checked the permissions on all files relating to XFce, and it looks
fine. Any ideas?

Btw, doing copies from Emacs to Evolution I just noticed that the
clipboard seems somewhat defunc....it doesn't select the newest
"copy/cut" automatically, but by using the "Clipboard" thing on my tray,
I can select the correct thing to paste.

Thanks in advance
/Lasse Bigum