Expose?

Moritz Heiber moe at xfce.org
Sun Mar 7 22:57:16 CET 2004

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 14:51:06 -0700
Phillip Heller <pheller at lessjunk.com> wrote:

> Any plans for an expose-like task switcher?
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/expose/

Without a decent support by the backend (Xfree f.e.) you won't see any
features shipping with MacOSX on any *n*x platform (The new xserver from
freedesktop.org is a good starting point though). MacOS is only able to
provide you with such features because all of its goodies (like the task
switching you are so obsessed with ;-) are _fully hardware accelerated_
i.e. no modelling or calculation is being done by the software part.

Without the hardware support it'ld be awefully slow .. I guess you're
able for figure how slow I'ld be on a software only accelerated Xfree
server? ;-)

Regards,

Moritz

--