Xfce and QT Apps..

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sun Mar 7 12:49:07 CET 2004

* Thorsten Grothe <thorsten-grothe at freenet.de> [2004-03-05 09:49]:

> I'm using Xfce4 and Suse 8.2 and I would like to know if it's possilble
> to make the start of KDE/QT Apps faster. The first time I start a qt app
> like Knode it takes a long long time until it starts.

Qt apps are not the problem, it are KDE apps. I use this in my
~/.xinitrc

if [ `ps aux | grep $USER | grep kdeinit | wc -l` -le 2 ] ; then
    kdeinit &
fi

It starts a kdeinit process which makes starting KDE applications much
faster because the first KDE application starts the dcopserver and this
is now done by kdeinit.

Regards,
Bernhard

--
Es gibt drei Arten von Frauen: die schönen, die intelligenten und die Mehrheit.