mixer's values

Jack Kern jack_kern at operamail.com
Sat Mar 6 19:31:17 CET 2004

Sergey Manucharyan wrote:

>Hi!
>Is there a possibility to save/restore mixer plugin values?
>Every time I login I have all the volumes stack at zero.
>Of course, I can run (for example) aumix -L to load saved
>values at some point during startup (as kde loads kmixrc),
>but I think it should be useful to have some a "native"
>feature.

Sergey,

Since no one else volunteered an opinion, I will offer a tentative one. I am not sure what you mean by "native" but XFce4 does not seem to have any sound control features as I suppose kmixrc and artsd serve for KDE.  As ALSA provides an abundance of features an utilities (including saving the state of the mixers), I don't see a need for it in XFce.  The OSS sound drivers are now deprecated; so, starting to learn ALSA is probably the way to go.  In the meantime I don't see much wrong with your solution with aumix.