GTK, MDK, and XFCE

myth47 at comcast.net myth47 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 18:06:59 CET 2004

I don't know that this will help but, a few days ago I installed Knoppix on a friend's laptop and crazy things happened like XFce4 took on all of KDE's themes and I could only connect to the Web through KDE.  Finally, in an act of desperation, I removed the Geramic theme from the system and rebooted.  Lo and behold: XFce4 is normal now and I can connect to the Web.  I think it must have something to do with that qt library thing (no, I am not a programmer) that is supposed to unify GTK and qt themes through Geramic.  Hope this helps.