Switching to root privileges using xffm

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Wed Mar 3 09:32:17 CET 2004

Hi all, Is there a quick way to switch to root privileges from a normal
user when using xffm?  I find myself needing this when I want to rename
a file on an smbmount.  I scan documents on a network scanner that are
dropped into a directory on a Samba server.  I can quickly launch xffm
with a right click of the mouse and see the scanned files but it's only
at a
user level.  To rename files I have to start a terminal,
switch to root and then start xffm.  I'm hoping there's a quicker way
but I haven't found it yet.  Any suggestions or have I missed the answer
in the manuals?

TIA, John