Terminals

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon Mar 1 16:19:11 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 06:56, Julien Graglia wrote:
>  > There is no horizontal scrollbar in xterm...
>
> arghhh!
>
> I try the solutions you gave me, but , "malheureusement" ,none of them
> solve my problem :
>        . my console are already maximised (horizontally)
>        . when i change the font, it came really unreadable
>        . when i deactivate "Auto Wraparound", there is only one line but
> cut if too long and no way to get the "cutted" part when you maximise
> the window
>
> In fact i just switch from Windows to Linux : DOS console can be
> configured the way i need : dont wrap horizontally+horiz scrollbar;  and
> i just can't imagine that the Linux console (which is much more advanced
> coz u can do everything from it:completion, color, background,
> transparency...fancy options..) can do the same. I do man / google /
> news / ask friends ... none knows how to do that..

what's going on? You shouldn't need a horizontal scrollbar, practically
anything will linewrap the output and if it doesn't, you can just
maximize the window (in Linux, the maximize button really does maximize
a terminal instead of just making it tall).

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
*"And the band's playing something by Tammy Wynette, and the drinks   *