Frequent, odd screen "lockups" in 4.0.5

Marv Boyes marvboyes at att.net
Sun Jun 27 01:16:51 CEST 2004

Hello, everyone.

First of all: Xfce4 is an absolute treasure.

I hesitated to call it a "lockup", because it's temporary and easily
fixed when it happens; it's also a relatively minor problem, but it bugs
me ;)

Quite often, when I do something in one window, I'm suddenly unable to
move focus to any other window. It was quite distressing the first time
it happened, until I discovered that moving the focused window, even
just by a few pixels, would free everything up again.

I haven't been able to pin it to any particular applications (or
combinations thereof), or any particular operation carried out in any
given window. I wonder if it might be an X problem, though it hasn't
happened in KDE, GNOME, or fluxbox. I really haven't a clue what might
be causing it; it's just been in the last couple of weeks, and I'm still
using Xfce4 pretty much the same way as I ever have.

By the way, this installation of 4.0.5 is via Charles' RPMs, on a
Mandrake 9.2 machine. Let me know if there are any other details you need.

Can anyone hazard a guess? Thanks in advance.

Marv
Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's
leisure time to Folding at Home.
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/