[panel] Is it possible?

Jonathan Gardner bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 22 20:55:39 CEST 2004

--- Xan <DXpublica at telefonica.net> wrote:
> Dimarts 22 Juny 2004 04:14, en/na Jonathan
> (<Jonathan
> <bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net>>) va escriure:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 18:06, Xan wrote:
> > > Dilluns 21 Juny 2004 22:42, en/na Jean-François
> Wauthy (<Jean-François
> > > Wauthy
> > >
> > > <pollux at castor.be>>) va escriure:
> of taskbar in the sense
> want to see always the
> then I have problems with
> calc, ...). And when I it
> click onto any of its icons,
> workspace and click in the
> all.

> the same height as the
> be over the panel
> > >
> > > Oh!. Good solution!!! ;.)
> > > How can I know the exact height of panel and
> taskbar (in pixels)?.
> >
> > That used to be my solution, but then someone
> mentioned an alternative
> > that I like better. Keep the panel minimized but
> have it set to the top
> > layer.
>
> How can I keep the panel minimized (?).
> Can I minimize the panel?
>
> Thanks.

I'm not home so forgive me if I don't remember the
exact names of things. In the panel settings dialogue,
there's a little check box for hiding the panel,
that's what I meant. The panel shrinks down to a thin
line that expands when you mouse near it. In that same
dialogue there's a setting for layers and I set mine
to "top" so when I mouse near my hidden panel it
expands over everything else.

Jonathan