Another wishlist/buglist

Andrzej Radecki aradecki at dmcs.p.lodz.pl
Mon Jun 21 15:13:01 CEST 2004

I resent this email, sorry if you get it twice. If so, this is an updated
version.

I guess some of following issues are already known. I'm a fresh user, had no
time to track changelogs yet.
(My  configuration:
- Binary xfce4 installation from Fedora Core 2
- xffm and xfdesktop replaced with rox.)

And the featurelist/buglist:
- How to map a "window" key in the keyboard layout definition file? Using
"Mod4" symbol from xkb does not work. Does xfwm use different key names?
- (application independent) toggle full screen mode would be _very_ useful.
(when using CAD software a few additional pixels counts for more than standard
compliance).
- toggle "show desktop" (preserving window states).
- maximizing shaded window should (IMHO) revert it to the unshaded state.
- (possibly an error) moving a window (A) across workspaces (with a key
shortcut) removes focus from all windows (B,C,...) in passed workspaces.
- as above. If we (later) click the window (B) to restore its input focus and
restart moving the previous window (A) then, when put in same workspace as the
window (B), it will be displayed _under_ the window (B).
- dragging an icon across workspaces does not work. Dragging an icon to the
taskbar should switch the workspace to the one where a target window is
located (instead of opening the target window in the current workspace).
- input focus should not be passed to the panel when it is operated with a
mouse. Now, if I click "close a drawer" button I need to press "escape" key or
click a window to restore its input focus.
- (alternatively) input focus should be taken off from the panel after closing
a drawer.
- keyboard operation of the panel is inconsistent (or to complex for a
newbie). For example, what is the shortcut to activate the panel? How to move
between drawers?
- XRandR integration (adjust the panel position and window list size to the
new display resolution).
- replace xffm with rox! ;-)

XFCE is the only usable desktop in the whole Fedora installation so you can
expect more and more feedback. :-)

Andrzej
--
Andrzej Radecki