Fullscreen mode

Olivier fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Jun 19 18:29:35 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 18:01, Jan Eidtmann wrote:
> but kind of crappy...theres still a rest of background on the left and on the
> bottom visible...

Crappy? Humm, the app sets its increment sizes so xfwm4 follws them. Two
standards are conflicting here.

I can change the WM behaviour so that (standard) size increments are
ignored in fullscreen mode, but that's kinda crappy IMO.

> this is better but still... couldnt Xfwm4 tell _whatever_ app to run in
> fullscreen mode? nicotine in fullscreen mode is really great!!! ;)
> that way it must not be implemented in every app too.

There is a standard and I'll stick to it for xfwm4. If you prefer, you
can run kwin with xfce, that should work.

If we add a "fullscreen option" to the WM menu, we shall face a
usability issue when the user will want to exit the fullscreen mode
where there is, by definition, no WM decoration...

Cheers,
--
 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -