XMMS behaviour: XFWM?

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Fri Jun 18 21:30:22 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 23:00 +0200, Gerald Barre wrote:
> Le Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:13:09 -0400
> Andrew Conkling <andrewski at fr.st> s'exprimait:
>
> > I have been having an issue with XMMS and I'm not sure if the problem
> > is XFCE's handling of the windows or XMMS.  I'm asking here because I
> > imagine the response will be more knowledgable and prompter than
> > XMMS's mailing list:
> >
> > I keep my XMMS windowshaded at the top of my screen and I have a 14
> > pixel workspace margin so that windows will never maximise over XMMS.
>
> In the XMMS options menu you have Ctrl-A or Ctrl-s.

Neither of these is exactly what I want.  Rather, to clarify, I want
XMMS to sit on top and the windows not to interfere (either above OR
below, even with Ctrl+A).  That works fine; I don't think it's the
problem.

> I use the xmms plugin for the panel + the Osd plugin for xmms but I
> checked if i had the same behaviour than yours and it's ok for me.
> In the options tab of the xmms preferences there's a "save windows
> positions" option.

I think that option only matters on a restart of XMMS.  However, your
mention of which plugins you're using makes me think perhaps the Status
docklet one could be behind it.  I'll look into it; thanks for the