XMMS behaviour: XFWM?

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Thu Jun 17 22:13:09 CEST 2004

I have been having an issue with XMMS and I'm not sure if the problem is
XFCE's handling of the windows or XMMS.  I'm asking here because I
imagine the response will be more knowledgable and prompter than XMMS's
mailing list:

I keep my XMMS windowshaded at the top of my screen and I have a 14
pixel workspace margin so that windows will never maximise over XMMS.
(See my screenshot to know what I mean:
http://uug.eastern.edu/~andrewski/misc/snapshot5.png.)  However, if I
maximise (un-windowshade) either the main window or the playlist window,
the other will snap down to its bottom border, instead of keeping its
place at the top border of my screen.  Then, when I try to move it back
up (this happens with the main window on the left), it doesn't respond
completely to my attempts to move it; rather, it will stop dragging most
of the way.

I thought that perhaps the "Snap windows at XX pixels" was at fault, so
I turned it off, but I've still been having the problem.

Anyone know what it could be?  Or is it most likely an XMMS problem?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew