Workspaces in a matrix.

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Tue Jun 15 21:29:36 CEST 2004

Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> I've used 32 for several special projects, but mostly use 6 to 20 on a
> daily basis... ;P

With Gnome, I was using 8 in a 4x2 grid.  I typically can only manage
about four different tasks, with the lower row of desktops used as a
place for "subtasks".

By the way, I would also like to request an option to make the "go to
the desktop on the left/right" commands (normally bound to Ctrl-Alt-Left/Right
I think) stop at the left/right desktop rather than wrapping around.
When I want to go to the leftmost desktop, I typically like to hit the
keystroke as many times as there are columns just to make sure I get
there without having to be concerned about where I am.  (Yes, I know
I can hit a keystroke that takes me directly there, but that isn't
how my fingers are trained, and it's easier to request a feature
than to retrain my fingers. :)

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA