XFCE + KDM in SuSE 9.1

Arturo Zambrano arturofzambrano at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jun 9 18:37:27 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I have installed XFCE in my SuSE9.1. I was looking around trying  to
add XCFE to kdm.   In SuSE 8.2,  the kdmrc file used to have a
SessionTypes  entry. It was a list where each WindowManager should be
added.  This approach does not work with SuSE 9.1

My /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc  contains this line

SessionTypes=kde,windowmaker,mwm,twm,failsafe

but I  actually also have Blackbox installed (it appears in the kdm WM
list), so I guess kdm is no using this entry to configure its list.
Adding XFCE to the above list has no efect

Has someone successfully added XFCE to KDM  in SuSE 9.1?
Any help is welcome-

Best Regards.
arturo