gnome-settings-daemon?

Scott Rubin slr2777 at cs.rit.edu
Wed Jun 9 18:35:28 CEST 2004

I heard from one source on the net that you should run the
gnome-settings-daemon alongside xfce.  I did some research and found
conflicting reports from different places.  AFAIK I have never used such
a thing and never had a problem, but apparently there are some features
or options I may or may not be getting access to.  I run gentoo with
xfce4 and I see no such thing as the gnome-settings-daemon.  Is it
something I need to run?  If so, I will have to figure out which ebuild
it is in.  I'm thinking that maybe this is something that was necessary
for older versions but not for newer ones maybe?

Thanks,

Scott