Themes

Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net
Wed Jun 9 18:09:32 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 9 Juin 2004 17:20, Devin Whalen a écrit :
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 22:43, Erick wrote:
> > > Hello, my XFCE GTK2 theme engine is not working.  I am running Fedora
> > > Core 2 -- and have tried installing from the FC2 CD 4, apt via
> > > Synaptic, and yum.  With that not working, I removed the RPMs and
> > > installed from CVS -- still no XFCE GTK themes.  Is there something
> > > else I should be doing?
> >
> > Yep. I do not know why this rpm was not included in the FC2 base set of
> > rpms, but it is not.
> >
> > I downloaded the srpm from here:
> >
> > http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc1/SRPMS.newrpms/gtk-xfce-e
> >ngine-2.1.9-1.src.rpm
> >
> > and rebuilt that for FC2, then installed it.
>
> Hello,  I seem to be having a similar problem with my xfce themes.  I
> don't know if it is the gtk2 theme engine but when I was trying to
> install the theme found here:
> http://xfce.lindesign.se/db/viewtopic.php?t=753 by Nikola I noticed the
> problem.
>
> First off, how do you install themes?  I did it by moving the theme
> folder to /usr/share/themes which is where all the other xfce themes
> seem to be.  At any rate installing new themes is rather moot because
> when I try to change the existing themes they don't do anything.
>
> This is an error I noticed:
> xftaskbar4:21603): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "smooth",
>
> Also, I did a rpm -qa | grep gtk-xfce-engine and found nothing.  Where
> can I find this rpm for Mandrake 10.  I installed xfce through urpmi.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Later

I use MDK10 and I just downloaded  and untared
http://pizurica.on.neobee.net/teme/blanco.tgz

and then I did :
sudo cp -rf  blanco/blanco-xfwm4 /usr/share/xfwm4/themes/

and I can launch blanco-xfwm4 theme, no problem (as though I don't like this
theme...).

and for information :

$ rpm -qa|grep xf
libxfree86-devel-4.3-30mdk